Thursday, March 29, 2007

Miscellaneousness In List Form

Awesome Shows I'm Missing Due To Being Out Of Town At The Time, You Bastards, So I Hope Nobody Goes To Your Stupid Concert
  • Hot Chip - Saturday April 21 @ 9:30
  • Spoon - Saturday April 21 @ Sonar
  • Bloc Party - June 3 @ the loathsome D.A.R. Constitution Hall

Relevant New Albums Discussed On Pitchfork, That I Would Rather Not Wait For, But Will, Because I Have No Guns And Therefore No Choice


Albums By Bands I Like That I Kinda Panned When Discussing Them Earlier, But Have Come Around On, And Now See For All Their Fully-Worthy-Of-Their-Predecessors Awesomeness, Thus Making Me Feel Like A Dick
  • Ted Leo + Pharmacists - Living With The Living (Shoulda waited a week or two to say anything.  This album's awesome.  Still no Hearts of Oak, but neither is Tyranny of Distance or Shake the Sheets.)
  • !!! - Myth Takes (I deeply regret calling out Nic Offer back in January.  His presence is so much better here, as opposed to his in-your-faceness on Louden Up Now, that I should've just patted him on the back.  Myth Takes is an excellent album that deserves an unqualified rave, not my stupid, relentless nit-picking of its lone moment of weakness.  I apologize.)
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - both albums (Just kidding.  They can still suck my balls.)

Albums I Kinda Regret Pimping, Though It's Not Like They Suck, They're Just Not Worth Being Crazy About, And I Thus Retract My Enthusiasm For Them
  • Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future (everything besides the 4-5 good tracks is boring)
  • Peter, Bjorn and John - Writer's Block (also pretty much dispensible except for "Young Folks")
  • That's it.  My taste is otherwise impeccable!

No comments:

Post a Comment