Friday, December 19, 2008

Songs List Sidebar

Thanks to some seriously nasty snow, I'm stuck in the apartment listening to music and watching the Celtics tonight.  And I'm glad I did, because the most awesomest thing ever just happened.

Speaking of my just-posted best-songs list, Kanye's "Love Lockdown" just came on in iTunes.  After a few measures of the bass beat at the beginning of the song, right as Kanye was about to start singing, a snow plow went into reverse just outside my building.  And its BOOOP... BOOOP... BOOOP... started up just after Kanye did, fitting perfectly into the fourth note of the measure.

It really was perfect.  The tempo lined up perfectly, the tone was in key, the length of the tone even complemented the deep bass half-note it was playing on top of.  It added without subtracting, like a thin layer of mayo on a BLT.  I was disappointed when the truck stopped backing up.  I may never think of "Love Lockdown" the same way.

This is what happens when snow takes a dump your weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment