Friday, July 15, 2005

Near-Death Experiences

Nothing too serious.  The tales on my mind relate to the most dangerous software application on the planet... iTunes.

Just now I was working in my office, listening to the title track of Ben Folds' Rockin' The Suburbs.  The song is basically a snarky bitchslap of guys like Fred Durst, pretending to be hard but actually being Preparation H-hunting suburban pussies who do little more than dropping F-bombs and serve as a lightning rod for white suburban teen angst.  Anyway, the bridge of the song ends with Ben saying "It makes me real pissed off, and it makes me wanna say... / It makes me real pissed off, and it makes me wanna say... / It makes me real pissed off, and it makes me wanna say... / FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"  Not too subtle, right?

Guess when my boss walked by.

I don't think he was paying attention, he didn't give me a funny look or anything, and he more than likely doesn't care.  But still, having him walk by just in time to hear some guy scream FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK was enough to give me a little jolt.

Then there's the time that my innocuous Jimmy Eat World album ended, and Coming 2 America by Ludacris started up.  "The royal penis is clean, your highness" is not what I expected to hear at that moment, and not twice as loud as Futures had been.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment