Sunday, April 29, 2007

Unqualified Rave

I just saw an absolutely fantastic film. It's a breathtaking tale with consequences that force each member of the audience to reexamine what it means to participate in a responsible society.

It's got everything. Great performances. Technological breakthroughs. Arresting music. Moving story. Thought-provoking subtext. Stunning imagery. Poignant observations. An underlying, immovable faith in humanity and love. What more could you ask for?

I cannot recommend this movie heartily enough. I believe everyone should see this movie. It's an absolute home run. If I hadn't locked up my best-of list from a couple months ago, this one would be shooting towards the top.

I am, of course, talking about United 93 World Trade Center Babel Letters From Iwo Jima OMGWTFBBQ??1?!?!?



Oh right, I forgot to mention the jokes. It has jokes.

Seriously, it's all about the Happy Feet. I loved this movie like Jay and Silent Bob love monkeys. It's not perfect, but I don't care. I'm giving it a perfect 5 Stevie Wonder-obsessed penguins out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment