Friday, January 12, 2007

My New Hero

Rep. Brian Kagen (D-WI) is an American hero.  Via Wonkette comes this:

Kagen, still hurting from the hard campaign, reportedly took note that Bush had come to Green Bay to campaign against him and congratulated the president for helping him win in an indirect reference to Bush's low approval rating. Kagen then reportedly greeted the president's wife, Laura Bush, by intentionally using the first name of the president's mother, Barbara, instead.

"I did that because I learned on the campaign trail that the meanest thing you can say to another gentleman is, 'He's a fine fellow.' And then you refer to his spouse by a different name," Kagen is reported to have told a local peace activist group who visited his Appleton campaign office Dec. 19.

In addition, Kagen reportedly told the activists he held the door to a White House men's room closed when he was alone with Rove.

"You're in the White House and think you're safe, huh?" Kagen was said to have told Rove. "You recognize me? My name's Dr. Multimillionaire and I kicked your ass."

Then he smacked that bitch with his pimp cane and yelled "Don't you know who the fuck ah ammmmm?"

I'm not sure whether I prefer this to the smackdown delivered by Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA).  Kagen gets extra style points for the "you recognize me?" line, which is an instant classic, but there's also something to be said for the simple chill of Sen. Webb's "that's between me and my boy, Mr. [Douchebag]."  It requires more balls to say what Sen. Webb said to a sitting president, at a public photo op, than it does for Rep. Kagen to corner a behind-the-scenes political adviser after a pulled-pork dump.  Then again, revenge is a dish best served in the pooper, which is where Rep. Kagen claimed to have kicked Rove.

I am loving the lame-duck era.

No comments:

Post a Comment