Friday, May 25, 2007

What Does This Mean?

Big news on the entertainment front: Johnny Drama uses the same phone that I do!



Don't all start asking questions at once!!!

It's on display in the episode from a couple weeks ago, where he's trying to avoid all the reviews of his new show. Towards the end, he's getting a bunch of calls on his cell phone, and wouldn't you know, it's the exact same model as mine:



I like seeing my stuff on TV. Sure, it's Drama, but it's my phone, and it's on TV. I find the defendant... TOTALLY AWESOME.

The great thing is that it fits his character. It's not the greatest phone in the world... nice enough that you don't look like a hobo answering your calls, but sensible enough that Drama could have gotten it for free by signing a two-year contract. In a weird way, it affirms my taste.

Then again, it's Drama. Much as I enjoyed it, this is not nearly as cool as when I noticed that Ron Wood plays the same Les Paul that I do. That was sweet. This is more like finding out I have one of George Costanza's personality quirks. Or that I own the same shirt as Screech from Saved By The Bell. Or something. I own nothing of Screech's, honestly. And I didn't send him any money to save his house. (I hope he's OK!)

No comments:

Post a Comment